Chapter 18 – The Dragon Hoard
El Patron has a heart attack and Matt is cleaned up and hurried to the hospital. Matt wants to question Tam Lin about his actions as a terrorist. El Patron survives thanks to a “piggy back heart” and Matt is not neared.
El Patron angrily reacts to Matt’s suggestion that he’d feel better if he gave help to the poor. Tam Lin describes El Patron’s “dragon hoard;” his treasure that he intends to be buried with.
- Compare and contrast Celia’s view of the Farm Patrol with Matt’s experience?
- Describe Celia’s behavior at the beginning of the chapter?
- Where is Celia and Matt rushing to? Why?
- What is done to Matt upon entering the hospital?
- What “strange” activity was Tam Lin doing?
- Who would provide El Patron with a “donor heart?”
- What questions did Matt want to ask Tam Lin?
- How old is El Patron now?
- What is meant by “In the end they’re only rocks” (p. 183).
- What is El Patron’s reaction to Matt describing St. Francis’ perspective on giving to the poor (p. 183-184)?
- What is a “Dragon Hoard?” Why did Tam Lin tell the story?