- Why can’t Ender come back to earth?
- What happens to Locke and Demosthenes?
- Why does Ender want to go to the buggers’ home world?
- How did the buggers control Ender’s computer game? What does he find when he looks behind the mirror?
- Why does Ender refer to himself as Speaker for the Dead? Whose deaths does he speak?
- What mission does Ender go on at the end of the book?
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
- At first, working together brings Ender and his squadron leaders close together. What effect does fighting long simulations and battles have on them though- how does it change their relationship?
- Ender is either going over replays or fighting in the simulator almost constantly. What effect does this have on him mentally and physically and what is Mazer’s reaction to this?
- Why do some of Ender’s squadron leaders collapse?
- There is quite a bit of symbolism in the dreams that Ender has. Choose one symbol and explain why that is so important to Ender.
- What is Ender’s final examination in Command School?
Friday, May 28, 2010
- Ender was either with Mazer Rackham or locked in his room. Why wasn’t Ender allowed to roam freely?
- What do you believe is the reason that Mazer cannot be the commander for the fleet this time?
- What is the difference between the way that buggers think and the way that humans think? Why is this important to Mazer and Ender?
- What is Mazer’s purpose now that Ender is learning how to control a fleet of ships?
- How is Mazer treating Ender and why does he do this?
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
“The other children.”
“You were brought here to take care of Ender Wiggin.”
“Just curious. Remember, they were all my students at one time or another.”
- Who are the children that Graff and Chamrajnagar are talking about?
- Why is Ender so uncomfortable on Eros?
- What did the “old man” do to Ender that he was so unused to?
- Why did Ender’s “teacher” attack him? What lesson did this teach Ender?
- What do Ender and his teacher have in common- who have they both learned from?
Monday, May 24, 2010
- Why was it important that Ender come back to Earth, according to Graff?
- Why does Ender believe that Graff tells him the truth and shows some affection toward him? Do you agree with Ender?
- List three things that Graff explains to Ender about the Buggers and the war.
- What secret about the Second War has been kept from the population of Earth?
- When does Graff estimate that Ender will need to be ready for command?
- Why did the Buggers attack Earth? Did they realize what they were doing?
- What has the IF learned about “Locke” and “Demosthenes”? What do they plan to do about them?
- How does Graff force Valentine to go with him?
- Why does Graff need Valentine? What is “wrong” with Ender?
- What scares Ender the most about fighting and about why he is so good at it?
- What does Ender truly want from Peter?
- How does Valentine betray Ender and how does she feel about this?
Thursday, May 20, 2010
- Why won’t the adults save Ender from Bonzo? Does Ender think the teachers will save him from real danger?
- How many boys come to beat Ender up in the shower? How does Ender control the situation so he only has to fight one?
- Who comes to save Ender? How does his intervention ensure Ender’s death?
- How is the fight with Bonzo similar to the earlier fight with Stilson?
- What happens to all of the soldiers in Dragon Army? What happens to Ender?
- How does the author remind us that these boys are still children?