- What has Matt done to the sun room windows? Why?
- Where did Matt get the plywood? How does Miranda feel about this?
- Describe Miranda's conversation with Mrs. Nesbitt. What is your reaction to this exchange? (p. 231-234).
- What does Miranda mean by "But my world keeps getting smaller and smaller." (p. 236).
- Why is Miranda so vehemently opposed to moving her mattress from the kitchen to the sun room with everybody else.
Monday, April 6, 2009
LAWNI - Chapter 15
Miranda's world gets "smaller" in this chapter. The family's well dries up due to lack of rain and due to little need for the kitchen with no water, the entire family is now only using the sun room of the house. Also, Miranda's mother is hurt again causing Miranda to make all the visits to Mrs. Nesbitt's house where her death is foreshadowed.