Chapter 1 – In the Beginning
The scene takes place in a laboratory where Eduardo, a technician, attempts to clone humans from cells frozen over 100 years ago. All but one of the clones do not survive. The one that survives grows to become an infant, and does not have his intelligence blunted, which is what is typically done to most clones. This is so because this clone is a clone of an important character, Matteo Alcaran.
- What is the setting of this chapter?
- What is Eduardo trying to do?
- How old are the frozen cells?
- How many of the cells survived the process?
- What happens to most clones? Why didn’t it happen to this clone?