Chapter 24 – A Final Goodbye
Tam Lin really intended to help Matt escape. He answers Matt’s question about his past activities as a terrorist. Tam Lin is hiding Celia in the stables with Rosa, disguised as an eejit, but she’s unharmed.
We learn the “dirty secret” that clones are no different than other humans and that El Patron has kept Opium one hundred years behind the rest of the world. Tam Lin tells Matt to head to Maria’s convent once he makes it into Aztlan, and then make contact with her mother.
- Describe Matt’s thoughts/feelings at the beginning of the chapter.
- What was Tam Lin’s real plan?
- What was the choice Matt had to make on p. 242.
- What was Tam Lin’s perspective on the bombing? Working for El Patron?
- What did Celia show Tam Lin?
- What does Tam Lin mean when saying he can’t escape the “moral consequences?” What does he intend to do?
- What does Tam Lin tell Matt to do? Go?
- What is the “filthy lie” about clones?
- What is meant by “El Patron kept Opium frozen one hundred years in the past?” (p. 245).
- Where does Tam Lin tell Matt to head to first when he gets to Aztlan?
- What is significant about Matt’s escape?