Chapter 22 – Betrayal
Matt is scared and unsure what to do. Matt finally connects all the clues that had been given him over the years – understanding what his purpose is and what hereally means to El Patron.
Maria meets him in the secret passage. Everyone is looking for him. Maria decides to disguise him as an eejit and try to sneak him off the estate with her. Emilia and Stephen betray them and Matt is carried away by body guards.
- What conflict was Matt trying to deal with?
- Why do you think El Patron told so many stories to Matt about the afterlife?
- Who is looking for Matt? Why?
- What does Maria say to Matt that in other circumstances would have thrilled him?
- Why does Matt and Tam Lin see El Patron as being like a “Force of Nature?”
- What is Maria’s plan?
- What does El Patron need to survive?
- What did the red light show? What are the possible dangers?
- What do Matt and Maria say to each other?
- Who betrayed Matt and Maria?
- What are all clones considered?
- What does Matt think would happen?