Directions: Post your survival plan (may include videos, pictures, etc. to the main blog, not comments -- ask Mr. Hermance for help if you need to). What supplies, tips/strategies, etc. would your family need to survive a natural disaster.
After each person has posted their survival plan, each one of you will go to the comments section and leave feedback. Will their plan be successful? What suggestions do you have? Did they forget anything?
- Popular Mechanics: Natural Disaster Recovery
- Popular Mechanics: Survival Checklist (PDF)
- Center for Disease Control: Disasters
- FEMA: Are you ready?
- FEMA for Kids: The Disaster Area
- Health and Human Services: Disasters and Emergencies
- National Council for Natural Disaster Preparedness
You are not limited to these links.
My expectations are that your post/plan will be explained in complete sentences and in your own words. Plagiarism will result in a zero for this assignment. It is also an expectation that you proof read your response to ensure correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Blogger has a spell check tool. As you approach the end of your ninth grade year, it is also an expectation that you will independently self-advocate to Mr. Hermance if you need help with any part of this assignment or utilizing the blog.