“What matters is that he won the game that couldn’t be won.”
- What does Graff mean when he makes the above statement?
- Why did Ender get promoted just when he was finally making friends and fitting in with the other students? Think back to what Graff said about isolating him at the beginning of chapter 5.
- What do the wolves in the play area of the game that Ender is playing represent? Why did the game represent this landscape to Ender?
- Is the snake being literal (real) when it says that death is Ender’s only escape?
- What are three differences between the launch groups and the armies?
- What are Bonzo’s instructions to Ender and how do they show that he is not a good leader?