Chapter 6 (p. 73-85)
Chapter 6 finds the tributes at a luxury tower at the training center where all of their needs are met. They have dinner with Effie, Haymitch and the stylists and watch a recap of the opening ceremony. Peeta and Katniss have a conversation on the roof where that can’t be heard. Katniss considers the Avox, a red head girl she once saw fleeing from a hovercraft with her brother. She is troubled by this.
- Why is Effie Trinket still with Peeta and Katniss?
- How does Katniss feel about Effie’s description of the “barbarism of your district?” (p. 74).
- Describe Katniss’ quarters.
- What is an Avox? What penalty is levied on them?
- What does Haymitch think of Peeta and Katniss hand holding?
- How is Katniss in Peeta’s debt again?
- How did Katniss know the avox? Compare and contrast the incident with the read head girl with the Hunger Games.