Chapter 4 (p. 48-60)
Peeta and Katniss help Haymitch back to his room and Peeta sends Katniss away to take care of Haymitch himself. This, coupled with his actions at breakfast and when entering the Capitol, lead Katniss to perceive him as a threat. At breakfast, a deal is made with Haymitch to help them in exchange for not interfering with his drinking. We learn that Katniss has skill at throwing knives.
- Why does Katniss perceive Peeta’s kindness as a threat?
- Why did Katniss put up a “wall” between her and her mother? (p. 53).
- Why does Katniss detest Haymitch?
- What deal does Haymitch make with the tributes?
- What are Haymitch’s first words of advice?